Quad will find no support and is doomed to fail, says China
On Friday, hours before the first in-person Quad summit, India and China were involved in another round of verbal brawl, blaming each other for the Galwan clashes, Times of India reported.
Beijing claimed that the Galwan valley clash took place because India violated all agreements and encroached upon China’s territory.
Rejecting China’s statements, India’s Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson, Arindam Bagchi said, “our position with regard to developments last year along the LAC in Eastern Ladakh has been clear and consistent. It was the provocative behaviour and unilateral attempts of the Chinese side to change status quo in contravention of all our bilateral agreements that resulted in serious disturbance of peace and tranquillity.”
This isn’t the first time when China has blamed India for Galwan clashes, the timing on this occasion is significant as it came just an hour before the Quad summit in the US.
Responding to a question on the Quad summit, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said on Friday that a closed, exclusive clique targeting other countries runs counter to the trend of the times and the aspirations of regional countries.
He added it will find no support and was doomed to fail, reported Times of India.
The spokesperson said relevant countries should view China’s development in the correct light and do more to promote solidarity and cooperation among countries in the region.
Last year in June, 20 Indian soldiers were killed by the Chinese army in Galwan valley in Eastern Ladakh.
As per reports, Chinese side too had suffered 43 casualties including dead and seriously injured.
The relations between the two nations have been tense eversince.