7th Pay Commission Latest News: Jammu and Kashmir Govt Announces DA Hike For Employees, Pensioners. Details Here


letter: 7th Pay Commission Latest News: Jammu and Kashmir Govt Announces DA Hike

© Surabhi Shaurya | India.com News Desk 7th Pay Commission Latest News: Jammu and Kashmir Govt Announces DA Hike

7th Pay Commission Latest News: The Jammu and Kashmir government has announced that the Dearness Allowance (DA) for all government employees and pensioners has been increased (DA Hike), starting July 1, 2021. The DA for government employees has been increased from the existing 17 per cent to 28 per cent. The decision comes in light of the Centre’s announcement on July 14 that the Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief (DR) rate for central employees has been increased.

This means that J&K government employees will get a DA hike of 11 per cent from July 1. Notably, the DA hike is calculated on the Basic Pay of the employees. For instance, an employee gets Rs 100 as basic pay. The DA amount at 17 per cent rate comes around Rs 17. Now, the total DA is raised by 28 per cent of Rs 100 which comes to Rs 28.

Jharkhand and Haryana governments have already announced DA Hike for its employees and pensioners from July 1. Jammu Kashmir Teachers’ Joint Action Committee (JKTJAC) had raised a demand for the same during a monthly meeting.

Apart from these states, the Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Karnataka governments also increased the Dearness Allowance of the state employees to 28 per cent, effective from July 1, in line with the hike of DA by the Central government.

Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *