The 12th round of talks between India and China to ease tensions over LAC in Ladakh will begin

New Delhi: – The 12th round of talks on easing tensions between India and China over the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh will begin soon. Foreign Ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi gave this information. China had demanded that the talks will take place on July 26. But India rejected the demand, saying it was Kargil Victory Day and discussions could not be held on that day. India has suggested that China should choose a second date instead. Meanwhile, ahead of the round of talks, a Chinese government mouthpiece said that not four but five Chinese soldiers had been killed in the Galwan conflict.  

Advertisement

Although tensions over Ladakh’s LAC have eased, China has not withdrawn its troops from Gogra, Depsang and Hot Springs, as demanded by India. India has been consistently telling China that tensions on the LAC will not abate without this withdrawal. China was made aware of this even during the talks between Indian Foreign Minister Jaishankar and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi in Dushanbe on July 14. Foreign Minister Jaishankar had warned that India would never tolerate unilateral action on the LAC. The Chinese foreign minister had sought to reduce the intensity of the border dispute, saying India and China were not enemies but partners.  

Against that backdrop, the two countries will hold the 12th round of talks to reduce tensions over the LAC in Ladakh. In the earlier 11 rounds of discussions, it was decided to withdraw troops from the LAC in Ladakh. China had also removed its forces from here. But Chinese troops are still stationed in Gogra, Depsang and Hot Springs. By doing so, China is trying to establish its sovereignty over the region. But India had made it clear that this would not be tolerated. The Indian Army is keeping a close eye on China’s movements near the LAC in Ladakh. Therefore, China’s efforts to increase pressure on India have failed once again.  

In this scenario, the discussion is unlikely to lead to any conclusion. Military officials have made it clear that tensions over LAC in Ladakh will not go away. Ahead of the 12 rounds of talks between the two countries, the Global Times, the official mouthpiece of the Chinese government, said five Chinese soldiers had been killed in the fighting in Galwan valley last year. In February, China said only four of its troops had been killed in the conflict. But in reality, it was clear that more Chinese soldiers than in India were killed in the conflict. But China was not ready to accept the matter to maintain its reputation. But now, China seems to be forced to accept the matter. Recently, a report was published that a blogger seeking information on the Galwan conflict was recently banned from travelling by the Chinese authorities. 

Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.