President Ram Nath Kovind on Friday signed on the appointment of vice-chancellors across 12 central universities in the country, the Union ministry of education said in a statement.
The Central varsities that will be getting a new Vice-Chancellor include central university of Haryana, Jammu University, Jharkhand university, Karnataka university and Tamil Nadu university.
President Kovind serves as the visitor of India’s Central universities.
President Ram Nath Kovind approves the appointment of Vice-Chancellors of 12 Central Universities: Ministry of Education pic.twitter.com/oYDGX5y8mG
— ANI (@ANI) July 23, 2021
Here is the list of varsities for which President Kovind has given a nod:
- Haryana University – Prof Dr Tankeshwar Kumar
- Himachal Pradesh University – Prof Sat Prakash Bansal
- Jammu University – Dr Sanjeev Singh
- Jharkhand University – Prof Kshiti Bhusan Das
- Karnataka University – Battu Satyanarayana
- Tamil Nadu University – Prof Muthukalingan Krishnan
- Hyderabad University – Dr Basuthkar J Rao
- South Bihar University – Prof Kameshwar Nath Singh
- North Eastern Hill University – Prof Prabha Shankar Shukla
- Guru Ghashidas University – Dr Alok Kumar Chakrawal
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University – Prof Syed Ainul Hasan
- Manipur University – Prof N Lokendra Singh
Sign on to read the HT ePaper epaper.hindustantimes.com