India holds China responsible for current standoff

India News Network | June 25
New Delhi:
India has accused China of its actions, including amassing a large number of troops close to the border areas in the western sector for the ongoing standoff along the Line of Actual Control.
“It is well recognised that it has been the Chinese actions over the last year, including amassing a large number of troops close to the border areas in the western sector, as well as trying to unilaterally alter the status quo along the line of actual control, which have seriously disturbed peace and tranquillity in the border areas,” Ministry of External Affairs Spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said on Thursday.
The MEA Spokesperson said in response to questions regarding the Chinese Foreign Ministry’s contention that Chinese troops were deployed at the border to prevent India from encroaching on Chinese territory and that India’s aggressive policies alone were to be blamed for tension on the LAC.
The MEA Spokesperson further said that Chinese actions on the border “are in violation of our bilateral agreements, including the 1993 and the 1996 agreements that require the two sides to strictly respect and observe the line of actual control and the two sides will keep their military forces in the areas along the line of actual control to a minimal level.”
Though India has been giving strong response to the Chinese Foreign Ministry’s claim on standoff at the LAC, in recent weeks External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar has been holding Beijing’s actions responsible for the standoff between the two countries and its overall impact on bilateral relations of the two countries.
India has repeatedly said complete disengagement at all friction points on the LAC and peace and tranquillity in the border areas alone can lead to the normalisation of the overall bilateral relationship.

– Advertisement –

Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *