!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Class 12 board result to be declared by July 31, says CBSE
The CBSE in the affidavit said that the disputes regarding the result computation will be referred to a committee. The Board said that the examination will be held tentatively between August 15-September 15, when the situation is conducive, and marks in the optional exam is to be treated as final marks.
Gujarat: HM Shah meets CM Rupani, Dy. CM Patel
Union Home Minister Amit Shah holds a meeting with CM Vijay Rupani, Deputy CM Nitin Patel and senior officers in his parliamentary constituency Gandhinagar.
UAE eases travel curbs on some countries excluding Pakistan
Last week, the Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management in Dubai had said that the passengers from India with a valid residence visa who have received two doses of a UAE-approved vaccine will be allowed to travel to Dubai.
Bitcoin tumbles 10% in wake of deepening China crackdown
Bitcoin fell as low as $32,094 to its lowest in 12 days, dragging smaller coins down. It was last down 8.3%, on course for its biggest daily drop in a month. The world’s biggest cryptocurrency, long plagued by volatility, has lost over 20% in the last six days alone and is down by half from its April peak of almost $65,000. Still, it has still gained over 10% this year.
Former Punjab police officer Kunwar Vijay Pratap joins AAP
Delhi Chief Minister and AAP national convenor Arvind Kejriwal travelled to Amritsar, where he inducted the former Punjab inspector general of police into the party ahead of the state assembly polls scheduled to be held early next year.
Iran’s president-elect says he won’t negotiate over missiles
Iran’s president-elect says he’s not willing to negotiate over Tehran’s ballistic missile program, nor its support of regional militias. Ebrahim Raisi made the comment at a news conference Monday after winning Iran’s election Friday in a landslide.
Pakistani traders protest China trade border closure
Traders decried the massive damage the closure has caused to their businesses and gave a week’s deadline to open the border and has warned of sit-ins in Islamabad and Gilgit-Baltistan (GB), reported Pakistan Today. Addressing a press conference in Islamabad, a group of traders from GB headed by Exporters Association Chairman Javed Hussain has appealed to Prime Minister Imran Khan, Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa, the foreign minister, commerce minister and the Chinese ambassador to Pakistan to open the Pak-China border for trade.
Sonia Gandhi convenes meet on June 24
Congress president Sonia Gandhi has convened a meeting of the party’s general secretaries and state in-charges on June 24 to chalk out a strategy to plan protests against the government on issues such as the hike in petrol and diesel prices. In the meeting, which will be held virtually, party leaders will also discuss the current Covid and political situations. They will give their suggestions for taking on the government and reaching out to the people to highlight its failures, sources said.
NCP’s Pune city chief Prashant Jagtap and five functionaries arrested for violating Covid norms during inauguration of a party office on June 19. They were later released on bail: Police
The spectator limit for Tokyo Olympics will be set at 50% of venue capacity, up to a maximum of 10,000 people at all venues; decision on the Paralympic Games will be made by 16 July 2021: Tokyo Olympics Organising Committee
J&K: Local terrorists who want to join the national mainstream are welcome. If they don’t want to give up the gun culture, then I assure they will meet the same destiny as did Mudasir Pandit & his allies: Major General HS Sahi, General officer Commanding, Kilo Force
Situation arising out of post-poll violence in Bengal alarming, worrisome: Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar
Only 57 lakh doses allocated to Delhi so far as against requirement of 2.94 crore doses of COVID-19 vaccine: Deputy CM Manish Sisodia
Sweden PM Lofven loses no confidence vote, toppling government
State govts being asked to give advertisements saying “Thank you Modiji”: Delhi Dy CM Manish Sisodia on Covid vaccination programme
A meeting of Rashtra Manch, a political action group, launched by TMC leader Yashwant Sinha to be held at Nationalist Congress Party leader Sharad Pawar’s residence tomorrow
NCP’s Majeed Menon, Samajwadi Party’s Ghanshyam Tiwari & other leaders to participate in the meeting: Sources
JLR commences bookings for new F-PACE SVR in India
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) India on Monday said it has commenced bookings for the updated version of F-PACE SVR SUV in the country.
West Bengal: Alipurduar district BJP president Ganga Prasad Sharma joins TMC in the presence of party leaders Sukhendu Sekhar Roy and Mukul Roy in Kolkata
Parents, students flag concerns over CBSE, CISCE evaluation formulas for class 12 results
- The Supreme Court Monday asked CBSE and ICSE to respond by tomorrow to the concerns raised by some students and parents on the schemes of both the boards formulated to evaluate Class XII students, whose examination was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A parents’ association and students flagged several concerns with regard to the CBSE and ICSE schemes for evaluation for Class 12 results and said that many clauses are arbitrary and would be detrimental to future prospects of the students.
Delhi: Udyog Nagar’s shoe factory fire update
Received call around 8.50 am about fire incident at shoe godown. At least 10 people were stuck & others had left premises. Of these, 6 have been rescued. Search for 4 missing on. Fire being doused from remaining part of building. Cause to be ascertained: P Singh, DCP Outer
Aam Aadmi Party’s CM candidate for Punjab will be from the Sikh community, says Kejriwal in Amritsar
Aam Aadmi Party’s CM candidate for Punjab will be from the Sikh community. It will be someone whom the whole of Punjab feels proud of: Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, in Amritsar
I want to assure the people of Punjab that AAP will make sure that culprits in the Bargari sacrilege case will be punished and justice is served
– Aam Aadmi Party leader & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, in Amritsar
CBSE submits fresh affidavit in Supreme Court: Sources
- In a new affidavit to the Supreme Court, CBSE has said results of Board Exam 2021 will declared by July 31.
- Optional exams will be held tentatively between Aug 15-Sep 15, subject to conducive situation, it added. And disputed will be referred to a committee constituted by the CBSE.
Punjab, Amritsar | Former IG Kunwar Vijay Pratap joins Aam Aadmi Party, in the presence of Delhi CM and party leader Arvind Kejriwal
KKR to invest Rs 4,600 cr for controlling stake in Vini Cosmetics
Won’t discuss theatre commands issue in media as deliberations still on: IAF
- Amid the ongoing discussions on the creation of Theatre Commands, the Indian Air Force on Monday said official deliberations on the issue are still on and denied to comment on media reports suggesting that the IAF was opposing the move while the Army and Navy were supporting it.
- “Official deliberations regarding theatre commands are ongoing. IAF will not comment on media articles on the subject,” an IAF spokesperson said when asked if it would like to comment on the media reports in this regard.
This Government will urge the Union Government to devise a permanent solution for repeated instances of assault, arrest, and even loss of lives of fishermen from Tamil Nadu at the hands of the Sri Lankan Navy: Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit at the state Assembly
2 dead, 2 injured in explosion at firecracker factory in Tamil Nadu’s Virudhunagar
- At least two people died and two other injured in an explosion took place at an illegal firecracker manufacturing factory, in Thaiyilpatti near Sivakasi in Virudhunagar district on Monday, the officials informed.
- The rescue operations are underway.
Post-poll violence in West Bengal
Five judges bench of the Calcutta High Court dismisses the petition to recall or stay its June 18th order directing National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) to constitute a committee for examining complaints and submitting a report to them.
Indian Navy personnel onboard INS Airavat perform Yoga in Vietnam
Indian Navy personnel, onboard INS Airavat and deployed at Cam Ranh Bay in Vietnam, perform Yoga on… https://t.co/RKL72cbjQY
— ANI (@ANI) 1624256332000
TN: Economic Advisory council to the CM
- This Govt will constitute ‘Economic Advisory council to the CM’ with leading economic experts from all over the world as its members. They include Nobel Laureate Prof. Esther Duflo, Prof Raghuram Rajan, Dr Arvind Subramanian, Prof Jean Dreze and Dr S Narayan: Tamil Nadu Governor
- In recent yrs, we’ve seen slowdown in Tamil Nadu’s economic growth rate. This Govt will make all-out efforts to reverse this trend and usher in a period of rapid economic growth taking full advantage of the available limited window of the demographic dividend, said Tamil Nadu governor.
Based on the recommendations of this Council, the Government will revitalize the State’s economy and ensure that the benefits of economic growth reach all segments of society
– Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit
To honour the glory of Tamil language, this govt will continue to urge Centre to declare Tamil as one of the official languages of India. This Govt will also urge that in all Central Govt offices in Tamil Nadu, Tamil must be declared & used as co-official language
– Tamil Nadu Governor
First session of the 16th Tamil Nadu Assembly commences today
This Government (State) will take all steps to achieve the target of 125 lakh Metric Tonnes of foodgrain production during 2021-22: Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit in the state Assembly
Delhi’s shoe factory fire
At least 5-6 people are missing. I am rushing to the spot. Fire is not under control. 31 fire tenders are present at the spot: Atul Garg, Director, Delhi Fire Service
India receives $64 bln FDI in 2020, fifth largest recipient of inflows in world: UN
800 kg cow dung stolen from Dhurena village in Chhattisgarh, police register case of theft
Central government has decided to increase pace of COVID-19 vaccination in July and August, Union minister Amit Shah says after visiting an inoculation centre in Ahmedabad
PNB Housing Finance approaches SAT against Sebi order to halt Carlyle deal
- PNB Housing Finance has reached the Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT), filing an appeal against the letter by Sebi asking it not to go ahead with its Rs 4,000-crore capital raise plan led by Carlyle group.
- On June 18, Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) had written a letter to the company asking it to ensure compliance before going ahead with the proposal.
Gujarat: Amit Shah inaugurates Vaishno Devi bridge and Gandhinagar Khodiyar bridge
Gujarat: Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurates Vaishno Devi bridge and Gandhinagar Khodiyar bridge. CM Vijay R… https://t.co/V641l8CY86
— ANI (@ANI) 1624251108000
Shiv Sena, Congress & NCP stand united, committed to run govt for 5 yrs: Sanjay Raut
Outsiders who want to form govt & are restless after losing power may try, but govt will continue. Attempts may be made to create cracks b/w Congress, NCP &Shiv Sena but it won’t work: Sanjay Raut, Shiv Sena
SIT issues notices to the firms named in Kumbh’s fake Covid testing
Uttarakhand: SIT probing the fake COVID testings during Haridwar Kumbh Mela issues notices to the firms named in the case – Max Corporate Services of Delhi, Nalwa Laboratories Pvt Ltd of Haryana and Dr Lalchandani Labs – for questioning. The SIT has given them four days to appear.
Under PM Modi’s leadership, a new stage in fight against Corona begins today. PM had made an important decision that from 21st June people who are 18 yrs of age & above will be vaccinated free of cost by Cental Govt & the process of vaccination will be sped up
– Amit Shah
Delhi: Fire breaks out at a shoe factory in Udyog Nagar
24 fire tenders rushed to the site. No casualties reported so far. Details awaited.
Hong Kong’s opposition Civic Party rocked by resignation of 11 councillors ahead of new oath-taking rule
- With eleven councillors’ resignation on Sunday, Hong Kong’s opposition Civic Party has lost about two-thirds of its remaining district councillors ahead of a requirement to pledge allegiance to the city and its mini-constitution or face disqualification.
- South China Morning Post (SCMP) reported that eleven councillors, including Yau Tsim Mong District Council vice-chairman Andy Yu Tak-po, announced on their social media accounts they were quitting the party. The exodus means the party now has just five district councillors.
Foreign terrorist identified as Asrar alias Abdullah, a resident of Pakistan, was active since 2018 in North Kashmir: IGP Kashmir Vijay Kumar
Relevance of Yoga has increased during COVID19. Yoga has helped us to maintain our physical & mental health. We should make Yoga or other physical activities a part of our daily life. These will help us to increase our immunity against coronavirus
– Union Health Min Harsh Vardhan
Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan performs Yoga
Delhi: Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan performs Yoga at Maharaja Agrasen Park, on #InternationalDayOfYoga https://t.co/YPH6HaFT6X
— ANI (@ANI) 1624241252000
ITBP personnel perform Yoga at an altitude of 15,000 ft
On #InternationalDayOfYoga ITBP personnel perform Yoga at an altitude of 15,000 ft near a Border Out Post in Ladakh. https://t.co/xZ3gJCgNJF
— ANI (@ANI) 1624240631000
M-Yoga app for the world
In collaboration with WHO, India has taken another important step. Now there will be M-Yoga app, which will have yoga training videos in different languages for people across the world. This will help us in our ‘One World, One Health’ motto: PM Modi
Water logging in many areas of Bengal
Due to heavy rains in South Bengal, water was continuously released from the Durgapur barrage, yesterday. This has led to increase in water logging in many areas of Purbi Bardhaman, Hooghly, and Howrah along the river banks.
BJP will contest polls on its own. It is for them (Maha Vikas Aghadi) to decide on who they will form an alliance with, throw a slipper at or present a garland to
– Devendra Fadnavis on Cong-Shiv Sena rift
Senior PDP leader Naeem Akhter has been released from house detention: Mohit Bhan, PDP spokesperson
He was under house detention since May 10.
New York’s Times Square celebrates International Yoga Day with over 3,000 yogis
US | Consulate General of India, New York partnered with the Times Square Alliance to host the International Yoga c… https://t.co/tWVfwp6KyN
— ANI (@ANI) 1624231645000
PM Modi to address 7th International Yoga Day today
J&K encounter: 3 LeT terrorists killed
- Encounter broke out between security forces and terrorists at Gund Brath area of Sopore
- Two more terrorists killed, taking the death toll to 3: Jammu & Kashmir Police
- Top LeT terrorist Mudasir Pandit who was involved in the killing of 3 policemen, 2 councillors & 2 civilians recently, has been killed in the Sopore encounter. A total of three LeT terrorists have been killed in the encounter: IGP Kashmir Vijay Kumar